About Me

My photo
43yo father of two. Type A, loves to plan, make "todo" lists, and stack things. My heart is on my sleeve. Both sleeves actually. I'm an open book. I favor symmetry. I can't be late for anything. I hate talking politics and religion. I watched the movie “Jaws” when I was much too young (and yes, it still haunts me). I could leap tall buildings in a single bound had I only done more squats and plyometrics as a teen.(Crossfit has me believing that I will one day). For 21 years I hid my mini-battles with OCD, the weirdest obsession revolving around the number “8”, all of which abruptly ended the night of October 27th, 2004. I've never tried an illegal drug, or cigarettes for that matter. People laugh at this, then call me a liar, but it's true. I say "Happy Holidays", not "Merry Christmas". It's the PCness in me I suppose. I leave out the word "God" when I say the Pledge of Allegiance and have so since the 10th grade. I think it has something to do with Separation of Church and State. I prefer sleeping with a night-light. So what? I have one addiction. No wait, two. Actually, three. Ice cream, Crossfit, and triathlon. Yeah, I know, these don't really work together too well.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Week of WOD's 1/21/13 - 1/27/13

1/21/13
Crossfit Reclamation - 1hr - 5:30am

20min AMRAP:
5 HSPU's (scaled)
10 Pistols (alternate each leg)
15 Pull-ups (green ban to toe)
*** completed 6 rounds plus 7 Pistols

Evening w/o
Indoor Bike Trainer - 45min
10min w/u
3 sets of: 7min at 60rpm (biggest gear I can hold), then 4min of 80rpm EZ psin (recovery).
2min c/d


1/22/13
Crossfit Reclamation - 1hr

Deadlifts 5 x 5  at  165, 195, 215, 215, 215#
WOD:  20min (EMOM alternating between 5 Deadlifts at 155#, and 5 Burpees + 5 Box Jumps)


1/23/13
Crossfit Reclamation - 1hr

Back Squats 6rep MAX, 150#  (decided to not push it since I was still feeling it in my lower back from the 75 deadlifts yesterday, as well as a tweak in my right groin).  I probably could have pushed it over my PR of 165# if I was feeling perfect.
WOD:  12min AMRAP:
5 Front Squats at 95# (this was scaled from the Rx of 135#)
10 Hand release push-ups
5 Fr. Sq
10 Pull-ups, green band to toe  (Should've used the blue band.  Sometimes I don't give myself enough credit or have the confidence to push myself).


1/24/13
Crossfit Reclamation - 1hr

Strength = Bench Press 3 x 3 @ 165# 185# 185#  (PR for 3 rep MAX)
WOD:  15min AMRAP.  Alternating Sets of 35# Overhead Barbell single leg lunges, and Sit-ups:
50-40-30-20-10
*** completed the 20 lunges set (ran out of time).


1/25/13
Crossfit Reclamation - 1hr

Strength = Push Press 3 x 3 @ 115# 120# 125#  (I could have probably gone up 5# on each set, but my previous 1 rep max was 125# so I was cautious)  --  meaning 125# 3 repmax was a PR.
WOD: as many burpees as possible in 7min (must jump 6" off the ground for each otherwise it doesn't count).
*** completed 55   (did 15 extra after time expired = completing my 20-burpee penalty for having 2 servings of ice cream at my son's BDay party this past weekend).


No weekend workouts


No comments:

Post a Comment