About Me

My photo
43yo father of two. Type A, loves to plan, make "todo" lists, and stack things. My heart is on my sleeve. Both sleeves actually. I'm an open book. I favor symmetry. I can't be late for anything. I hate talking politics and religion. I watched the movie “Jaws” when I was much too young (and yes, it still haunts me). I could leap tall buildings in a single bound had I only done more squats and plyometrics as a teen.(Crossfit has me believing that I will one day). For 21 years I hid my mini-battles with OCD, the weirdest obsession revolving around the number “8”, all of which abruptly ended the night of October 27th, 2004. I've never tried an illegal drug, or cigarettes for that matter. People laugh at this, then call me a liar, but it's true. I say "Happy Holidays", not "Merry Christmas". It's the PCness in me I suppose. I leave out the word "God" when I say the Pledge of Allegiance and have so since the 10th grade. I think it has something to do with Separation of Church and State. I prefer sleeping with a night-light. So what? I have one addiction. No wait, two. Actually, three. Ice cream, Crossfit, and triathlon. Yeah, I know, these don't really work together too well.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Try to Kill Me



"Certain Motherfuckers think they can fuck with my shit, but you can't kill the Rooster.  You might be able to fuck him up sometimes, but, bitch, nobody kills the motherfucking Rooster.  You know what I'm saying?"

-- David Sedaris,  "Me Talk Pretty One Day"


Thanks Vicki.  I told you many, many months ago that I had read that book back in 2009 and had recalled this quote, wanting to use it one day.  After the week I had last week (see previous post, "Week of Weakness"), I found this to be about as ideal a time as any.

No comments:

Post a Comment