About Me

My photo
43yo father of two. Type A, loves to plan, make "todo" lists, and stack things. My heart is on my sleeve. Both sleeves actually. I'm an open book. I favor symmetry. I can't be late for anything. I hate talking politics and religion. I watched the movie “Jaws” when I was much too young (and yes, it still haunts me). I could leap tall buildings in a single bound had I only done more squats and plyometrics as a teen.(Crossfit has me believing that I will one day). For 21 years I hid my mini-battles with OCD, the weirdest obsession revolving around the number “8”, all of which abruptly ended the night of October 27th, 2004. I've never tried an illegal drug, or cigarettes for that matter. People laugh at this, then call me a liar, but it's true. I say "Happy Holidays", not "Merry Christmas". It's the PCness in me I suppose. I leave out the word "God" when I say the Pledge of Allegiance and have so since the 10th grade. I think it has something to do with Separation of Church and State. I prefer sleeping with a night-light. So what? I have one addiction. No wait, two. Actually, three. Ice cream, Crossfit, and triathlon. Yeah, I know, these don't really work together too well.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pardon my Vanity

After a lot of drafts, drawn by yours truly, the final design of my logo was sent to a graphic artist at epixgear.com a few weeks ago.  epixgear.com is a site specializing in custom triathlon apparel.  They were the only site that I could find that would allow a client to order a single trisuit whereby most have a minimum order quantity of about ten.  Not only that, but they have 8 different templates and about 25-30 colors to choose from, and have a graphic artist that will work with you on a logo design.  And it can all be easily done from their website.  All communication that I had with their staff was super.  I never had to wait more than 24 hours for a response to my emails, even on weekends.
I'm hoping my trisuit is ready for my first race, The Mooseman International, but they have said that it usually takes 6 weeks for custom orders to be shipped, especially in the Spring due to high volume.  But I've seen a picture of my trisuit, complete with lettering and logos and I've got to say that it's pretty frigin cool.  I really don't care how vane or self-promoting it is.  It's fun, and for me, that is really what it is all about right now.  My hope is that as this blog gains popularity (if it does), and I become more established in the triathlon community, that I can use this as a launching pad for raising funds for charity.
So, without further delay . . .         
the iron roosta logo

1 comment:

  1. Ha! that's going to look AWESOME on a tri suit!!! What a great idea and I love that you are having so much fun with training for your first half ironman!!!!

    ReplyDelete